LWD Unveils: The Top Six Bridal Fashion Trends of 2012
Are you ready for Runway Highlights from our trip to New York International Bridal Market last week???
Here, for your fashionista indulgence, are the TOP SIX 2012 Bridal Fashion Trends from the runways…
- Hints of color! While ivory remains the color of choice for most all bridal gown designers, some colored embroidery, fabric, lace and ribbons added here-and-there was a delightful sight in upcoming 2012 bridal gown styles. Claire Pettibone’s use of “toile”, a French antique fabric/pattern that typically depicts a picnic scene by the lake, in her new 2012 Beau Monde collection is the perfect touch for that special hint of color!
- Lace! Kate Middleton’s wedding gown has certainly influenced the 2012 collections with a beautiful selection of all lace wedding gowns in all silhouettes (ballgown, A-line, fit-and-flare, and mermaid), options for full lace, and ¾ or cap lace sleeves on a variety of styles from most all designers.
- Sashes! What began as THE accessory in 2011, continues in full force in 2012! The same wedding dress can have multiple different looks – appealing to completely different brides and their weddings – just by changing the sash. Several new sash/accessory-only designers presented at market this year, but wedding gown designers who also make their own sashes seem to take the cake for having the most WOW-factor. The sashes by Sassi Holford, Badgley Mischka, and Liancarlo are AMAZING!
- Matching Veils! Designers are catching on that the perfect veil can most definitely complete The Look for today’s bride, creating a head-over-heels gown AND veil experience that creates the ultimate Must-Have situation for brides. It’s true! Adding the perfect veil is an emotional experience, and more designers are including a selection of veils in their new 2012 collections to ideally match up with their favorite gowns. Check out the Must-Have gowns and matching Must-Have veils arriving at LWD in January/February!
- Jackets, portrait collars, one strap options, wraps! Similar to the sash, adding a jacket, portrait collar, strap or wrap can individualize each bride’s wedding gown to create her very own look and style on her wedding day. These “accessories” are becoming key pieces in the 2012 collections. Check out the St. Pucchi jacket below!
- Hi-low skirts! (hem-lines hitting just below the knee in front, transitioning to the traditional longer skirt and train in back) Not yet an official “trend” for 2012 bridal styles, but definitely introduced and VERY well done in Claire Pettibone’s 2012 collection, so it’s a new trend to watch. It makes sense – fabulous SHOES (colored, vintage, boots) are SO popular with today’s bride, so hi-low skirts on wedding gowns show them off in grand style!
Want more from the runway???
Please join us at LWD on November 8th starting at 6pm for Front & Center, where we’ll unveil MANY MORE HIGHLIGHTS, fashion trends, photos, videos, designer interviews and more from the front lines of the fashionable New York runways. Please RSVP to 303.814.8972!