February 14, 2010 Sunday – Valentine’s Day – “Love is in the Air” Bridal Show at VOWS! What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than planning your perfect wedding at VOWS! Enjoy music, cocktails, food, and all that VOWS has to offer to make things as easy and fun as possible for you and your groom. Please RSVP at www.WeDoVows.com or by calling 303-814-8972.
We liked these ideas, so we’re reposting this blog from our partner at Vows, “Worthwhile Styles”
As soon as you set the date and location of your wedding, get started looking for the dress of your dreams. “The dress” will set the tone for your entire wedding: the feel, the formality, and the entire wedding party attire. Here are a few tips to make finding the dress of your dreams a little less stressful:
1. Create a vision board. Start by looking in bridal magazines, websites, blogs, and wedding photography sites. Create a vision board by cutting and pasting all of the pictures you collect. Look at the shape, neckline, materials, details, headpieces, jewelry and overall feel of all of the pictures you find- you will start to see a theme of dresses and styles you are drawn to.
2. Set a budget. Decide how much you (or whoever is buying the gown) want to spend. Be clear. Is the amount set aside just for the dress? Does it account for alterations? Make a list of everything you think you may need: alterations, shoes, accessories, a headpiece or veil, jewelry, and foundation pieces. Nothing is more stressful than falling in love with a gown that is out of your price range.
3. Set a shopping date. Call the bridal salon ahead of time to book your appointment. Ask a friend or relative to go with you but choose carefully. Make sure it is someone who knows you really well and can be honest but kind. Remember- this is all about you, your style, and what you love for your day, not theirs.
4. Go shopping. Communicate with the bridal shop staff about your style, taste, budget, shape, and details. Bring along your vision board and show them your ideas! They know their stock better than anyone and will get you started in the right direction.
5. Buy the one you love. Once you find the dress of your dreams- stop looking. Don’t overwhelm yourself with all of the possibilities out there. Stick with the one you fell in love with- just like the person you’re going to marry.
The Sassi Holford 2010 designs are arriving now. We just love the Sassi ballgowns that are her trademark for royal wedding (which she’s done!). But this is a modified mermaid that has a wonder feel and a tremendous look. Come see it!
We were so pleased to be a part of this photo shoot with 5280 Magazine. We already posted the beautiful photos from the original article, but we thought brides would benefit from these make up tips from Michael Moore too.
Reposted from 5280 Magazine
With 22 years of experience, Michael Moore has become the go-to makeup artist for Denver brides. His philosophy—that makeup doesn’t need to be complicated to be beautiful—helps Moore keep brides from going overboard with makeup on their wedding day. To get the complete look of each theme, watch Moore’s video tutorial below.
Classic: Think of a timeless beauty like Grace Kelly. To get the flawless yet natural complexion, spray on ERA FACE Foundation (it even covers blemishes and tattoos). Next, create a soft, smoky eye using a mushroom-colored mineral eye shadow on the lid and under the eye, then line with black for definition.
Modern: Think edgy but beautiful. Start with a spray-on foundation, and use a mineral-powder illuminating concealer for a perfect finish. For a sexy, smoky eye, apply silver on the lids, blending up to the crease, and fill in the corner to accentuate the shape of the lid. Finally, line both the top and bottom lash lines.
Mountain: A Colorado mountain wedding calls for a look that is both pretty and natural. Cheeks should always look as if you’ve been exercising, so find a cream or powder blush that will add brightness. Gloss is a nice way to keep the lips kissable and moist, so go for a sheer lip in a natural tone. Simply Moore Holographic Lip Gloss, $22, simply-moore.com.
We’ve all had a chance to recover from the rush of moving into the Vows space and planning the launch party and we thought we’d share some pictures from the party with all of you! Thank you to all of our guests who ventured out in the snow to attend this event! We were so pleased with the turnout and are incredibly excited that the space is open. A huge thanks to Heather M. Matthews with Fortuitous Photography for photographing the event and capturing so many of the amazing pictures shown below.
The name tags worn by the Vows team and the front of the building – 1810 Blake St.
Pink Monkey Solutions set up some amazing design elements for the launch party. Definitely check out the monkeys work – they are AMAZING! And of course – thanks to Lisa with Sweet Pea Flowers for the awesome floral arrangements!
A huge thanks to Mondo Vino for keeping the drinks flowing, Lani with Write Occassions for setting the stage with the beautiful invitations, and Garter Glitz for decorating the space with some of your stunning garters!
It is great to be associated with VOWS and all the great vendors there.