The Perfect Dress For Your Perfect Shape
Did you know? Only about .001% of women have a perfect, natural hourglass shape. Our trick? Fake it! Whether your figure fits best in a dress that cinches at the wait or poufs at the hips, we’ve got a few suggestions, and a sea of dresses in store, to help you find the most magical dress for your shape:
1) Go corset-inspired! Corsets help keep your dress up so you’re not pulling at it all day and night long. Our designer from London, Sassi Holford, has built in corsets that you can’t see from the outside, but helps provide a great fit on the inside. Here’s one of our faves:
2) Do a million ruffles! The 3-D effect of ruffles will undoubtedly make you feel like the Bride! Little White Dress designers Liancarlo and Manuel Moto for Pronovias both excel in this glamourous and girly effect.
3) Accent your rear! A pencil shape hugs in all the right places. See Justin Alexander’s style 8524, with gorgeous accents including a sash and bolero.
4) Load up on girly details! If you feel sweet in pastels, frills, bows and glam jewelry, you’ll feel right at home in Atalaya by Manuel Moto for Pronovias, or Justin Alexander’s tea-length 8464 in mocha:
5) Play with your silhouette! A fuller skirt with kitten heels can be a nice change from a pencil-style, like Matthew Christopher’s Peggy Sue at Little White Dress:
6) Lastly, try some sheer bits! Peekaboo fabric on your special day gives an elegant twist to your wedding style. Our own Claire Pettibone leads the way with sheer and custom lace gowns, as seen in style Sky Between The Branches and Orange Blossom, below: